Even though cruise travel is safer than other modes of transportation, cruise travel insurance is one of the most commonly purchased types of travel insurance worldwide. It is because voyages are costly, have dangers such as seasickness and drowning, and are highly dependent on the weather. When planning a cruise vacation, you must purchase a comprehensive cruise travel insurance international policy that protects you from all potential risks.
During a cruise, you may encounter several unanticipated incidents. Several of them are enumerated below:
- Missing the ship: This is common for various reasons, such as an accident or traffic congestion en route to the port. In addition to bad weather, missing documents or cargo, and being delayed at one port and unable to reach the next in time, there are various other reasons why you might miss your ship. A cruise travel insurance from India policy will reimburse you if you are forced to abandon your cruise.*
- Missing Cargo: Although this is less common on cruise ships than at airports, cargo misrouting occasionally occurs. It may result in a substantial delay in obtaining your luggage or its complete loss. There is also the possibility that your cargo or its contents will be damaged. A comprehensive travel insurance coverage allows you to monitor your lost luggage (until it’s safe to return) or covers the cost of replacing urgently-needed items.*
- Maritime medical emergency: Maritime medical emergencies are a prevalent occurrence. Most individuals are highly susceptible to seasickness. Aside from this, you and your family (particularly children) are susceptible to various ailments and injuries during the cruise. Regardless of whether or not the cruise has a medical team, it would be best if you were protected against these situations. Medical insurance for travel policies provides medical coverage while you are on vacation. *
- Cancellation of trip/cruise: Your cruise may be cancelled after you have made all reservations and paid for everything. A cruise travel insurance international policyholder is covered for cancellation or postponement of travels (subject to the terms and conditions of the policy), that can result in significant financial loss.*
- Loss of documents/cash/cards/other valuables: In the worst-case scenario, you could be robbed or lose your wallet/documents while investigating the next port of call. The cruise line and its employees are not responsible for lost or stolen items, and you should avoid relying on local authorities. Coverage for cruise travel insurance from India can be a lifesaver if you need to replace your passport or lose your currency and other documents.*
- Assistance in an emergency: Travelling to a new location may place you in a position where you require travel advice or assistance in an emergency. It could also manifest as a need for assistance communicating in a foreign language. If you need travel advice, legal advice, or assistance with a foreign language, cruise travel insurance can help.*
What should you search for in cruise travel insurance?
The following is a list of the coverages that cruise passengers will find most useful.
- Medical coverage
- Coverage for evacuation
- Coverage for missed connections
- Coverage for trip interruption
|Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance YouTube Channel here!|
*Standard T&C Apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.